Saturday, February 04, 2006

All inked up!


Let me say....woweee....did this ever hurt! :-) BUT it was worth every painful second, and yeah, weird as it sounds, the pain was kind of a cool part of the entire process. (Yeah, I'm crazy, I know). This is a fresh pic, so there's still some swelling and blood in the tattoo, but isn't it fantastic??? I can't tell you how thrilled I am. Mark at Wisemagic did a fantastic job. It turned out better than I had imagined, and bigger. :-) There was so much detail, we didn't want to go too small and lose what would make the tattoo special. The most painful part was where the water is going over the koi's tail. Argggg....felt like that needle was going right into my spine. I was a good girl, tho, and didn't move for the 2 hours it took to complete the tat. Can't wait until it's healed. I can easliy see why this can become an adictive thing. Not sure what that says about me.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Vivi Anna said...

that's a beautiful tat, Nelissa!

Now I'm all excited about getting one done...will have to go to my local parlor and check out a new design for me...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Nelissa said...

Thanks, Vivi! I love it. Already thinking about what/where another would go. :-)

5:28 AM  
Blogger Nelissa said...

Thanks, Paige and Tina! This was my first at nearly 38. :-) Tina: I would think the ankle would hurt more than the back!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Nelissa! But OUCH!!!! Not sure I could do that. But you have the figure to pull off wearing the short blouses that would allow you to show it off!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Nelissa said...

Thanks, Chey! Another motivation for yoga. Hard to be okay showing it off without decent abs. I have a lot of work to do. :-)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the tattoo feeling now? We need an update. :-) What's funny is that I met Paige blogging and she's from AZ, your side of town! Tina's in my RWA chapter, but also from your side of town. She's president of VOS, the chapter over there, too. Now, do you need to join RWA? :D

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home