Friday, June 02, 2006

Bad, bad, bad....


Okay YES Chey....I've been a very bad girl. :-) No posting AND no writing. Shame on me!

I can't help it. I've been distracted. I've gotten into digitally enhanced photography as well as oil painting. The lengths I will go to to keep from writing, huh?? I'll share a couple of my pics here so you won't think I'm completely making the entire excuse up.

I haven't finished the oil painting yet, but will take a picture once done and post that as well. Not quite as interesting as these little gems, but I' m damn proud just to be able to finish the dang thing!! I've had a fantastic time snapping photos of the botanical wonders around my house. You should see me stalking cactus blossoms, waiting for them to open. My neighbors probably suspect me of being a voyeristic crazy woman the way I skulk around at all hours.

Here's another picture of a barrell cactus manipulated a bit in photoshop, then a more traditional print.



So, you see, my time hasn't been totally wasted. :-) Off to dream about visiting the botanical gardens this weekend!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, Nelissa!!! WOW, what incredible work. BUT you do need to write, too!!!

Hugs!

Chey

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're being extra bad, Nelissa. June 2nd was a looooooong time ago. :-) How's that tattoo?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so you're doing beautiful jewelry, you're having fun with artwork, and when do you have time to write????

Come see my new cover. It's on my blog!

Hugs,

Chey

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home